Following the successful All Party Parliamentary Stalking Law Reform Inquiry, stalking became a criminal offence in 2012.
Stalking is about fixation and obsession. It is a high risk factor for serious harm and homicide, as well as serious psychological harm if left unchecked. For this reason there are specific questions in the DASH about stalking and a subset of 12 Risk Screening Questions, S-DASH.
If you are a victim of stalking
For further specialist advice and support please call Paladin, the National Stalking Advocacy Service 020 3866 4107 www.paladinservice.co.uk
- Stalking is about fixation and obsession.
- Stalking is insidious and a pattern of behaviour which often includes online and offline behaviour.
- Do not think it is any less serious if there has been no physical violence.
- Laura was the specialist adviser to the All Party Parliamentary Stalking Law Reform Inquiry, is Co-founder and Director of Paladin, National Stalking Advocacy Service and spearheaded the campaign on Domestic Violence Law Reform.
- Training on the Stalking Law Home Office Circular 018/2012 and risk can be arranged as a half day or full day. Contact email@example.com