Following the successful All Party Parliamentary Stalking Law Reform Inquiry, stalking became a criminal offence in 2012.
Stalking is about fixation and obsession. It is a high risk factor for serious harm and homicide as well as serious psychological harm if left unchecked. For this reason there are specific questions in the DASH about stalking.
If you are a victim of stalking
For further specialist advice and support please call Paladin, the National Stalking Advocacy Service 020 3866 4107 www.paladinservice.co.uk
- Stalking is about fixation and obsession.
- Stalking is insidious and a pattern of behaviour which often includes online and offline behaviour.
- Do not think it is any less serious if there has been no physical violence.
- Laura was the specialist adviser to the All Party Parliamentary Stalking Law Reform Inquiry, is Co-founder and Director of Paladin, National Stalking Advocacy Service and spearheaded the campaign on Domestic Violence Law Reform.
- Training on the Stalking Law Home Office Circular 018/2012 and risk can be arranged as a half day or full day. Contact email@example.com
- NEW for 2017: Stalking training September 26 for professionals in central London. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org